The Comparative Literature MA program offered at San Francisco State University provides graduate training in subjects common to more than one national literature. Research work in the program is directed toward the problems of literary theory and analysis, genre studies, and literary history.
The graduate degree in Comparative Literature is of particular value for students who intend to pursue a doctoral degree in comparative literature, English, foreign language and literature, interdisciplinary humanities, or who plan to teach at the middle school, high school, or community college levels.
- Graduate Study in Comparative Literature
- Seminar: Topics in Critical Theory
- Topics in Comparative Literature
- Advanced Study in Comparative Literature
- Editing and Publishing the Comparative Literature Journal
- Directed Reading in Comparative Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 807 other Masters in Languages in United States
- An undergraduate major in literature (comparative and/or world literature, English, or any foreign language and literature)
- Sufficient proficiency in a foreign language/literature taught at the graduate level at SF State
- English language proficiency
- Two-three page statement of purpose
- Hold the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 GPA or "B" average
International8956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8956 USD per year during 12 months.
National8956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8956 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.