The best marketers know how to take information and make it actionable. They can interpret data, understand the impact of what they're seeing on their business, and use their understanding to identify future opportunities.
This Master's course will help you take your understanding of marketing and business to the next level. You'll learn how businesses measure success and how to target audiences in online and offline campaigns. You'll explore how to set up and manage marketing projects from beginning to completion, discover how to measure the success of your campaigns and gain the knowledge and skills you need to apply data analytics in a marketing context.
You'll uncover insights that help businesses create value for customers, and gain a rich understanding of customers and competitors alike. You'll learn to use the key tools of search engine optimisation including Pay-Per-Click and Pay-Per-Purchase, discover new innovative tracing systems like those using Blockchain technology, and explore the algorithms used to power the success of companies like Amazon and Netflix.
The future belongs to agile businesses that are equipped to act on the right data insights, at the right time. You'll graduate with the know-how and practical experience you need to benefit your future company, and be ready to progress your marketing career, set up your own business, or continue your studies to doctoral level.
On this Marketing Analytics Master's, you'll:
- Learn how to analyse and interpret data, and forecast future market and consumer trends
- Develop your knowledge and practice in key marketing disciplines, such as consumer insights and analytics, social media marketing, applied marketing analytics, competitor research and data science
- Apply what you learn, as you learn, including working with the local business community (subject to travel restrictions)
- Develop transferable skills you can apply in all areas of your life, such as critical thinking, independent research, teamwork, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical practice
- Hear from top Data Scientists from the industry, like the former Head of Analytics at Google
- Benefit from the experience of guest speakers from a range of backgrounds – past speakers on similar courses include Jo Pabari (Director of Good Stuff Consulting and marketing consultant for Heineken, PepsiCo, Heinz and Twinings) and Emma Searle (Head of Digital at Verb Brands, a leading digital agency for luxury and premium brands)
Careers and opportunities
Demand for professionals with specialist data skills more than tripled between 2014 and 2019. This demand is likely to continue to grow (The Royal Society, 2019).
With your Master's, you could work in many digital marketing and data analytics fields when you graduate, including marketing analysis, consumer insight and planning, and market research.
Roles you could work in include:
- Data analyst
- Data planner
- Digital marketing analyst
- Research and engagement marketing executive
- Market intelligence analyst
- Business strategy analyst
Data numeracy is consistently highlighted as a key skill-set required by employers and today’s marketing practitioners must be adept at sourcing, analysing and communicating data. Therefore, the ability to turn data analysis into useful insights and strategic planning is vital to success in all areas of the marketing industry.
You'll also be able to pursue further studies at postgraduate or research level, or set up your own businesses with help and support from the University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Strategy and Leadership – 15 credits
- Consumer Insight and Analytics – 15 credits
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing – 15 credits
- Project Management for Marketing – 15 credits
- Data Science for Marketing – 15 credits
- Advanced Marketing Analytics – 15 credits
- The Collaborative Marketing Project – 30 credits
- Independent Marketing Research Project – 60 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
September, January (full-time route only)
DisciplinesMarketing Business Intelligence & Analytics Digital Marketing View 315 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A second-class honours degree in a Marketing subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications, such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Marketing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.