The master in Cinema and TV gives the student the academic and practical experience necessary to make an impact in the film and television industry by integrating into the visual media labor market, and opens doors for him to work in local, Arab and international television and satellite channels operating in Palestine or abroad. The program is offered by An-Najah National University.
- To work as a professional and highly qualified journalist in the fields of visual media and local, Arab and international television and satellite channels.
- Producing and directing documentaries and short films for visual media operating in Palestine and the Arab world (for example, Al Jazeera Documentary).
- Integrating into the market for providing services to national public institutions and public relations departments, but also to private commercial companies and others, in the fields of visual media, such as the production of introductory documentaries, promotional films or short films (spots), and the like for these institutions.
- Engaging in the academic labor market as a teaching assistant, research and teaching assistant, or laboratory supervisor in the existing media departments in all Palestinian universities today.
- Documentary Storytelling
- Short Film
- Arab and World Documentary Cinema
- Modern Technologies in Media Work
- TV Advertising
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.