The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs in Robotics and Autonomous Systems at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology aim to provide well-rounded education as well as rigorous research training to prepare students to become versatile and knowledgeable professionals, with the broad fields of robotics engineering as a major focus, together with connections to theoretical and applied mechanics, optimization, communication, information theory, machine learning, computing, mathematics and signal processing.
MPhil graduates should be able to demonstrate mastery of knowledge in design, construction, operation, and management of robots, and develop innovative solutions required by the emerging global industry in Robotics and Autonomous Systems (ROAS), and across many other sectors where ROAS skills are applicable.
- Autonomous Mobile Robotics
- Cloud Robotics and Autonomous Multi-Robot Systems
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Mechatronics Design
- Special Topics in Robotics
- Special Topics in Autonomous Systems
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering Robotics Computer Sciences View 18 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification;
- Applicants seeking admission to a doctoral degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a proven record of outstanding performance from a recognized institution; or presented evidence of satisfactory work at the postgraduate level on a full-time basis for at least one year, or on a part-time basis for at least two years.
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.