The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs in Bioscience and Biomedical Engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology aim to provide a well-rounded education as well as rigorous research training to prepare students to become versatile and knowledgeable professionals. Areas of research include regenerative medicine and tissue engineering, molecular and cell biology, precision medicine, plant biology, Chinese medicine, healthy aging, biostatistics, bioinformatics and data mining.
MPhil graduates should possess a good mastery of knowledge in bioscience and biomedical technologies, be able to apply engineering principles to solve problems in medicine and biology, and generate novel solutions.
On successful completion of the MPhil program, graduates will be able to:
- Genomics and Genomic Technologies
- Special Topics in Bioscience
- Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- Molecular Biology for Bioengineering
- Macromolecular Analysis
- Bioinformatics Algorithms
- Microfluidics and Biosensors
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 16 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification;
- Applicants seeking admission to a doctoral degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a proven record of outstanding performance from a recognized institution; or presented evidence of satisfactory work at the postgraduate level on a full-time basis for at least one year, or on a part-time basis for at least two years.
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.