The Psychology - Life Coaching and Positive Psychology program from Indiana Wesleyan University promotes not only development as a competent and ethical professional, but also encourages students to grow in all aspects of their lives, including work, health and relationships.
This is a 30-credit hour, online program that can be completed in approximately one year. The MA in Psychology is appropriate both for students with a limited background in psychology and those who hold an undergraduate degree in the field. The program prepares students for work in a variety of professional settings, including life coaching, government, business, non-profits, industrial organizational psychology, and the church. Some students also use the program as a means to clarify their interest in professional psychology; others use it as a first step toward doctoral studies.
While graduates can continue on for further study to become licensed mental health workers, this program is not intended to qualify students for independent practice as a licensed professional psychologist. Students should be aware that demonstrated ability for research or analysis is a critical requisite skill for this program. A research course or preparatory module may be advised if students do not satisfy preliminary standards.
You’ll Learn To…
- Build your professional identity through acts of service
- Understand mental health and well-being from traditional psychopathology and positive psychology perspectives
- Promote human flourishing using the principles of positive psychology
- Apply and integrate your faith in your career, including biblical and ethical principles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Personality Development
- Research in Contemporary Positive Psychology
- Contemporary Positive Psychology and Christian Formation
- Life Coaching and Contemporary Positive Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- Capstone in Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 280 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A baccalaureate degree from a college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), verified on official transcripts sent by the institution directly to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- The bachelor's degree may be in any field and there are no pre-requisite courses that must be completed prior to starting the program.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher from the baccalaureate degree granting institution at which at least a minimum of 30 hours was completed.
- Two recommendations from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic and professional competencies. Recent college graduates should have at least one academic recommendation.
- Applicants who have been out of college more than three years should submit professional recommendations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 490 USD per credit during 15 months.
National11760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 490 USD per credit during 15 months.
In-State11760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 490 USD per credit during 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.