Automation and control are important aspects of modern manufacturing and utility supply. Many manufacturing assembly lines and processes utilise programmable control systems.
It is essential to equip the prospective engineer in this field with the appropriate theoretical and practical knowledge. This MSc in Automation and Control course from the Edinburgh Napier University will extend your skills across essential areas in the field of automation and control.
You’ll use your existing knowledge of engineering theory and practice as the base to build new skills in this field such as embedded systems and control system design.
- Automotive Industries
- Automation and Control Industries
- Renewable Energy Industries
- Engineering Research
- Engineering Design and Development
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Consultancy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Automation and Robotics
- Control Engineering
- Instrumentation Systems
- Mechatronic Systems
- Research Skills and Project Management
- Sustainable Energy Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Robotics Computer Sciences View 62 other Masters in Robotics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Edinburgh Napier University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above, or equivalent. We look for applicants to have a background in a relevant engineering field such as electrical, electronics, electrical & electronics, automation, control or mechatronics in order to be eligible for the programme.
- Other engineering degrees in the relevant subject will be considered for this programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient relevant work experience within the industry.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17370 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6720 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6720 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.