As a practitioner in the domain of health and social care, you are expected to be innovative, provide leadership and make an advanced contribution in your professional role. This course will enable you to do just that in your area of practice.
With the Advanced Practice (named speciality) at the Edinburgh Napier University you'll gain an in depth understanding of the theoretical knowledge and practical skills you need to work at an advanced level, as well as the ability to critically appraise relevant health and social policy. These are essential to addressing health and social care inequalities in society.
You'll also acquire the knowledge and skills you need to address ethical and professional issues.
As a graduate you'll enjoy increased employment opportunities in the field you choose, and you can choose to specialise in a wide range of fields: midwifery, nursing, clinical, child health, neonatal health, child protection (more information here), learning disabilities or mental health.
- Child health
- Neonatal health
- Child protection
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You'll develop a combination of theoretical and practical skills including critical thinking, knowledge and application of research methods, and efficient approaches to time management, prioritisation and workload planning.
- You’ll also learn to recognise and manage the personal stresses of the profession and become proficient in the use of the latest technologies in the practice of your role.
- The course will also enable you to apply your knowledge and skills to achieve advanced levels of practice and influence decision making at both local and strategic levels.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 224 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be a qualified health or social care practitioner, with a degree or equivalent experience. We look for candidates to have a background in health or social care in order to be eligible for the programme.
International2322 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2322 GBP per module during 36 months.
National990 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 GBP per module during 36 months.
Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland-Taught modules £990
Overseas and EU-Taught Modules: £2,322 (tuition per 20 credits)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.