Digital technology has disrupted urban development and profoundly reshaped the way cities operate. From using big data to managing traffic flows to the Internet of Things (IoT) applications used to manage energy consumption in public places, urban spaces are becoming increasingly digitized. Such digital transformations and innovation drive socio-economic change and impact how we govern the city. In this Urban Digital Transformation and Innovation master track from Erasmus University Rotterdam , you will learn about the economics and governance of urban digital transformations and innovation.
You will graduate as an expert with specialist knowledge in the sphere of urban management and development. The career prospects of urban management development graduates are excellent. Cities are expanding increasingly fast; this means an ever-growing demand for urban professionals who can come up with solutions and innovations that will make a difference in a city. Once you have completed the programme, you will be able to work in various sectors ranging from city/town planner to urban project manager or urban development specialist.
IHS is a highly reputable institute with a strong reputation with donor agencies and training centres worldwide. Our lecturers have outstanding international experience and continue to work worldwide, creating a possibility to discuss and initiate links to programmes and projects in the countries and cities of the participants.
Here are a few examples of positions taken up by our graduates:
- Advisor at Concentrix
- Urban Strategist at Build - Urban Strategy
- Junior Consultant at SNV
- Account Manager at Hilti Indonesia
- Lending Analyst at the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Sustainability
- Urban Data Analytics
- Urban Governance and Finance
- Research Design
- Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Economic Development
- Algorithmic Governance
- Skills training
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Public Administration Sustainable Development View 109 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Erasmus University Rotterdam and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We require candidates to have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in a field related to urban development. Below you can find an overview of all relevant fields. If you have a degree which is not listed below, please feel free to contact Admissions Office for advice.
- We welcome applications from prospective students with a wide variety of backgrounds, all related to the field of urban management and development. Each application is considered carefully, taking the individual potential of the applicant into account. Before you start your application, please carefully read the application procedure and admissions information. The requirements and the procedure apply to all four specialisation tracks.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA15600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Be an Early Bird and benefit from a 1000 EUR tuition fee waiver. More details are available on the school's website.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students are welcome to apply for a variety of full and partial scholarships:
- Holland Scholarship Programme: 5000 EUR
- Orange Tulip Scholarship (India & Indonesia): 3,500 EUR
- World Bank Scholarship: Full Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.