Public History and Library and Information Science from Wayne State University combines intellectual rigor with convenience and flexibility. All M.L.I.S. courses are offered online, and public history courses are offered both at our campus in the heart of Detroit's cultural center and online. (Please note, the MAPH/MLIS cannot be earned entirely online and prospective students should expect to complete some courses in person. Applicants wishing to earn an entirely online degree should instead consider the MA/MLIS.)
- Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Political Scientists
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Anthropologists and Archeologists
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- History Teachers, Postsecondary
- Information Professions
- Information Technology
- Access to Information
- Organization of Information
- Management and Leadership
- Research for the Information Profession
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science History Informatics & Information Technology View 121 other Masters in Library Science in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wayne State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- International applicants must complete the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree, including all state and external/internal examinations required for the degree.
- Submit your transcript(s)
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- Test Scores
- If you are applying to a master's program, your minimum undergraduate GPA must be 2.75 or its equivalent in upper division coursework.
International57420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National57420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Detroit
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.