Infant Mental Health from Wayne State University offers many advantages to graduate students whose goal is to work with and on behalf of very young children, their families, and caregivers. Students who earn the IMH-DT and become practitioners are well positioned to: be competitive in the job market, are prepared to work in cross-disciplinary teams, understand evidence-based treatments and their importance, integrate a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens, and have a solid understanding of both research and clinical work with infants and caregivers.
Students at Infant Mental Health from Wayne State University will:
- Synthesize knowledge about theories and research relevant to infant mental health practice, including pregnancy and early parenting, infant development, relationship-based practice, attachment, the impact of race and inequities, and disorders of infancy and early childhood.
- Demonstrate expertise related to the infant mental health service delivery model and its use in clinical and classroom-based intervention and research.
- Demonstrate expertise in observation and assessment of infants/young children, caregivers, and caregiver-infant/young child relationships to identify capacities, risks, and relationship disruptions.
- Engage in reflective practice that includes examination of values, beliefs, and biases related to race, ethnicity, gender, parenting, family, and development.
- Implement evidence-based practice interventions to families, caregivers, and their infants who are experiencing complex risk factors (clinical students).
- Demonstrate competence in research design and methods relevant to the field of infant mental health.
- Infant Mental Health Theory to Practice
- Infant and Family Mental Health Assessment
- Infant Mental Health Treatment
- Infant Behavior and Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 529 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wayne State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- International applicants must complete the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree, including all state and external/internal examinations required for the degree.
- Submit your transcript(s)
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- Test Scores
- If you are applying to a master's program, your minimum undergraduate GPA must be 2.75 or its equivalent in upper division coursework.
International47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Detroit
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.