The Teaching Science program at Murdoch University is specifically designed for qualified teachers who are interested in upskilling to become secondary science teachers.
In this major, you’ll gain science content knowledge, science inquiry skills and an understanding of the nature of science integral to the WA secondary science curriculum.
You’ll build on your existing skills as a teacher to create effective and engaging science programs for lower secondary students.3 reasons to study Education at Murdoch
- Our part-time or online options help you fit study into your working life.
- You’ll have dedicated Student Success Advisors to help you along your postgraduate journey.
- Be mentored by our experienced teaching professionals who are here to support you in becoming a confident, creative and flexible educator.
Your future careerUpon completion of this major, you’ll be qualified as a secondary school science teacher for Years 7-10.
- Chemistry for Teaching Secondary (7-10)
- Physics for Teaching Secondary (7-10)
- Learning: Multiple Perspectives, Secondary Curriculum
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Murdoch University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 106088F
- A Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor level degree in any other field plus a Graduate Diploma of Education or Master of Teaching.
- You must meet a minimum standard in English to study at Murdoch, which for most courses can be demonstrated by providing evidence that you have completed Year 11 and 12 in Australia at any level if you are a domestic student, or through either English proficiency tests, university preparation courses, English language courses, previous tertiary study or vocational education.
International28339 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28339 AUD per year during 12 months.
- If you are a national student, you may be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.