In this course you’ll explore the planning, design, modelling, operation and control of smart and renewable electrical power systems to an advanced level and gain practical experience.You’ll apply specialised engineering knowledge and skills with an emphasis on the integration of distributed energy resources and energy storage in existing and future electricity grids and stand-alone power systems.
3 reasons to study Smart and Renewable Electrical Power Systems Engineering at Murdoch University
- Upskill your knowledge in an emerging area of engineering.
- Complete your Masters degree in 1.5 years by studying in intensive mode.
- Five-star rating for student support, graduate salary, and learner engagement for postgraduate engineering and technology.
Your future careerGraduates can find employment in electrical generation, distribution and electrical design industries and utilities along with operators and installers of renewable energy projects, and stand-alone power systems such as mining and ship building industries.
- Renewable Energy Resources and Technologies
- Power System Modelling and Analysis
- Power Electronics Converters and Applications
- Electrical Machines in the Smart Grid era
- Power Systems Operation, Control and Protection
- Future Electricity Networks
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 39 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Murdoch University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 108655H
- Successful completion of a four-year Engineering degree accredited by Engineers Australia (or equivalent Washington Accord-recognised degree) in an approved field of Engineering.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree (AQF Level 7, non-Washington Accord), or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by Murdoch University, which includes prior studies in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Evidence of an appropriate level of industrial experience and possession of a Bachelor's degree (AQF Level 7) in a cognate area as approved by the Academic Chair or their designate.
- Domestic applicants with industrial experience without the necessary qualifications and/or background may be admitted with the condition that that they pass additional specified units.
- You must meet a minimum standard in English to study at Murdoch.
International34707 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34707 AUD per year during 12 months.
- If you are a national student, you may be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.