Build strong expertise in IT systems management, data science, and networking and network security, as you complete units over one and half years, or longer if you’re eligible for our part-time study options.
You can complete the Information Technology program at Murdoch University by either:
- Coursework – where you’ll complete 36 credit points of coursework.
- Coursework and dissertation – where you’ll complete 24 credit points of coursework units and a dissertation worth 12 credit points, for a total of 36 points. This option is available to you once you have completed 12 credit points of coursework and have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
After one year of full-time study (equivalent to 24 credit points), you could choose to graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management, Internetworking and Security or Data Science, depending on the units you study.
We understand that you might have work, family or other commitments to juggle, so you can complete your coursework in a way which suits your schedule.3 reasons to study Information Technology at Murdoch
- Develop advanced skills in establishing, maintaining and developing IT systems, analysing big data, and security complex IT infrastructures.
- Get the qualification you need to be in high demand in a wide variety of sectors including commerce, telecommunications, health, education, architecture, mining, engineering, law and government and non-government organisations.
- Take advantage of flexible study options so you can expand your skills and knowledge while you’re still working in the industry.
Your future careerWith a postgraduate qualification in IT, your skills and knowledge will be in high demand across practically every industry. You might progress your career to work in senior roles such as:
- IT Manager or Director
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Director of Technology
- Management Information Systems Director
- Information Technology Project Management
- IT Professional Practice
- Information Technology Research Methods
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences IT Management View 124 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 0101998
- Recognised Australian Computer Society (ACS) accredited Bachelor's degree in IT (AQF Level 7); OR Recognised Bachelors' degree (AQF Level 7) plus an approved qualification in IT (AQF Level 8); OR Recognised Honours degree (AQF Level 8) plus 5 or more years of relevant experience. Recognition of relevant and current informal or non-formal learning may be used for entry requirements, and should be discussed with the Academic Chair.
- You must meet a minimum standard in English to study at Murdoch, which for most courses can be demonstrated by providing evidence that you have completed Year 11 and 12 in Australia at any level if you are a domestic student, or through either English proficiency tests, university preparation courses, English language courses, previous tertiary study or vocational education.
International14357 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14357 AUD per year during 18 months.
- If you are a national student, you may be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.