About Communications, Media and Creative Industries at Fudan University
The program aims at cultivating future leaders in the global cultural and creative industries and enables students to study for one year at Sciences Po. In Paris, and one year at Fudan School of Journalism, Shanghai. The aim of the program is to enhance the skills of media and communications professionals - through research, practical training and applied learning - in Chinese media, marketing, journalism and culture in order to enhance their knowledge of China, equipping them with a richer global perspective and media savvy so they can contribute a unique transnational perspective in their future professions.
The School of Journalism at Fudan University is known as the Cradle for Chinese Journalists, and has close link to the Chinese media industry. The school was founded in 1988, which is evolved from the Department of Journalism established in September 1929. With its close link to the Chinese media industry, Fudan Journalism School’s alumni have played significant role across the country as leading figures in the media industry. As the first higher education institution in China to commit to journalism, currently Fudan Journalism School consists of four departments including Department of Journalism, Broadcasting, Advertising, and Communications with 81 faculty members, and about 1500 students.
- Emerging Media Studies: Theories and Issues
- Creativity of International Marketing
- Chinese Language and Culture
- China Panorama
- Chinese Journalism: History, Theory and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 5 other Masters in Communication Studies in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application.
- Applicants currently residing in China must provide a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.
- Diploma of highest degree conferred or proof of impending graduation
- Transcripts of highest degree conferred
- Original or notarized copy of TOEFL (IBT) score 90 or above， or IELTS (Academic) score 6.5 or above, or Duolingo English Test score 110 or above, or PTE Academic Test score 61 or above, taken within two years prior to application date (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries), students from high school with major courses taught in English may be waivered of the above English requirements.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from whom can attest to the quality of the applicant’s academic performance and scholastic potential.
- Applicants who are under 18 years old by September 1, 2022 must submit a Guarantee Statement.
International17107 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17107 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.