About Chinese History and Culture at Fudan University
All courses except Chinese language courses in the program are taught in English by our highly qualified faculty. Courses include three major areas: 1) Chinese language courses on different levels 2) General surveys of ancient and modern Chinese history (strong focus on political, religious and art history) 3) In-depth research modules focusing on art and religion in ancient China, history and culture of Shanghai, comparative perspectives on China and other ancient civilizations, and Eurasian communication. For those who are able to follow courses in Chinese they can also choose from a wide range of courses taught in our faculty. Chinese language modules from beginners to other higher levels are open for students each year.
- Chinese Civilization to 1800
- History of Modern China 1800 to Present
- History of Chinese Culture
- Traditional China Studies
- Chinese Art and Archaeology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 31 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application.
- Applicants currently residing in China must provide a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.
- Diploma of highest degree conferred or proof of impending graduation
- Transcripts of highest degree conferred
- Original or notarized copy of TOEFL (IBT) score 90 or above， or IELTS (Academic) score 6.5 or above, or Duolingo English Test score 110 or above, or PTE Academic Test score 61 or above, taken within two years prior to application date (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries), students from high school with major courses taught in English may be waivered of the above English requirements.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from whom can attest to the quality of the applicant’s academic performance and scholastic potential.
- Applicants who are under 18 years old by September 1, 2022 must submit a Guarantee Statement.
International7118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14236 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.