Upon completing three semesters (first year), Nutrition and Foods students from Georgia Southern University will take a Master’s level comprehensive examination prior to enrollment in the Practicum in Nutrition and Dietetics course.
Students must pass the comprehensive examination prior to starting the Practicum in Nutrition and Dietetics course. Previous graduate coursework may be accepted at the discretion of the Program Director. Previous graduate course work must be supported by an institutional catalog description and course syllabus.
- Applied Food Science
- Research Methods in Nutrition and Foods
- Applied Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Public Health & Community Nutrition
- Macronutrient Metabolism
- Micronutrient Metabolism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 376 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale), with a minimum of a ‘C’ in prerequisite DPD, math, and science coursework
- TOEFL IBT score of 80 with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four exam sub-sections (international students)
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE). No minimum score required.
- Completion of dietetic related volunteer and work experience, in the fields of nutrition, food science, health, laboratory or clinical research, foodservice, food industry, nutrition education, or health promotion
- Completion of the online Georgia Southern Graduate Application
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended.
- Completion of the online Dietetic Internship Centralized application Service
International26518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13259 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13259 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3318 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.