The 2-year, part-time Entertainment Producing program from TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences offers media professionals from the entertainment industry and career changers from related fields the opportunity to expand and deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge in order to further qualify for management tasks or entrepreneurial activities.
- Development, production and exploitation of entertainment formats
- Leadership, strategy, innovation, collaboration, management and law
- Entertainment history and media transformation processes, market and media research
- social responsibility in the entertainment industry
In its two-year curriculum the MA Entertainment Producing combines four central elements:
- Practical orientation: modules on the development, production and exploitation of entertainment formats and on process-related topics such as leadership, strategy, innovation, collaboration, management and law.
- Project orientation: Throughout their studies, students go through several project phases.
- Contextualization: Scientific and application theory modules expand the practical content with regard to entertainment history and media transformation processes, market and media research as well as social responsibility in the entertainment industry.
- (Self-)Presentation / Networking: Practical exercises, pitches/presentations, network events and field trips specifically promote access to the entertainment market and the expansion of your own network.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) of at least 180 ECTS credits or a higher degree (e.g. a German Magister or Diplom degree) from a recognised higher education institution is required for admission to a Master’s program. The ifs welcomes applications from ambitious entertainment professionals who have gained degrees in subjects other than their own.
- In justified exceptional cases, applicants with exceptional artistic talent who lack one or more of these formal requirements may apply to participate in this program as participants in continuing education.
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3750 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Semester fee for the summer semester 2023: € 319.20
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.