If you wish to embark on a career as a global economist or business consultant, you will need to have knowledge of the economic and monetary policies and political economics of leading nations and to be able to recognise trends in the world economy.
Why study this Chinese Economy and Finance programme at University of Groningen?
- For those aspiring to an international business, finance or economics career in or involving China or Southeast Asia, this double degree offers a unique opportunity to study on 2 continents and gain 2 recognised Master's degrees from 2 world-class universities.
- During your studies, you gain insight into the consequences of globalisation for multinationals and learn to recognise trends in the world economy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Development Theory
- Planning Theory
- Land and Housing Economics
- Spatial Theory
- Urban Economics
- Process and Planning Method & Technique
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 109 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Groningen and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A GMAT/GRE test is required from all candidates who obtained their bachelor's degree from a university in a non-EU/EEA country.
- Both GMAT and GRE are now being offered by mba.com and ETS as an online option to take from home worldwide. Please check their websites for more information.
- IELTS Academic overall score 6.5 (Speaking 6, Writing 6.5); TOEFL internet-based overall score 90 (Speaking 20, Writing 24); Cambridge B2 First, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (overall score 176, Speaking 169, Writing 176).
- To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following - or closely related - fields: Business Economics, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics and Business Economics, International Business,Technology Management.
International16201 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16201 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.