Gain an in-depth understanding of the discourse and practices surrounding security and development issues in IR with an MA IR: Security and Development from University of Plymouth .
This part-time, 100% online MA in International Relations from University of Plymouth Online will give you the expertise you need to effectively harness relevant research methodologies and techniques, as well as a global perspective, to inform policy-making processes.
Designed to help you confidently meet the challenges of this ever-evolving and challenging field, this MA IR will equip you with the specialist skills, knowledge, and insights you need to pursue a meaningful, global career in IR.
Why this course?
- Access valuable insights and ongoing support from leading academics and experts in the field of IR
- Gain new global perspectives around the practice of security and developmental politics.
- Study a 100% online MA IR flexibly – anytime, anywhere – while you continue with your full-time job and other commitments
- Fast-track your career in IR with an internationally-recognised MA IR that will empower you to realise your career goals sooner
As a University of Plymouth MA IR graduate, you can look forward to embarking on a meaningful and rewarding career in the fast-growing field of IR.
You’ll be qualified to work across a broad range of organisations globally, including:
- Development agencies
- International organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Governance and World Order – Delve into the concepts of global governance and the foundations for the application of contemporary IR theories to questions around world order and global governance
- Strategy and Security Studies – Analyse the security challenges of the 21st Century and examine how to identify the most important risks and threats
- Economic Diplomacy and Development – Explore the international economic instruments used by states to promote their development and international position, as well as how trade policy and development aid work
- Regional Geopolitics – Study IR in key global regions of strategic importance, such as the Middle East, Europe, and East Asia, and explore the internal political and geopolitical dynamics of these regions
- MA Dissertation on Security and Development – Demonstrate your research skills with an opportunity to apply them to a dissertation in the field of Global Security and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 68 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To apply for this MA IR from University of Plymouth, you should have:
- An honours degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK-based university or the CNAA in Politics or IR
- Professional experience in IR if you don’t have the above qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 EUR per year during 24 months.
National8300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.