Actuarial Science from Lebanese American University (LAU) aims to disseminate the importance of professional certification in the field and in the insurance industry.
Program ObjectivesThe objectives of the Executive M.A. in Actuarial Science program are to:
- allow experienced professionals in Lebanon and the Middle East to upgrade their insurance knowledge
- assist those professionals in earning professional certification
- provide a solid academic foundation for its constituencies to become successful actuaries
- offer a structured assistance for those professionals or students wishing to take the international exams of the Society of Actuaries, the Causality Actuarial Society, or others
- Actuarial Statistics
- Financial Mathematics
- Risk Management
- Group Life and Health Insurance
- Individual Life and Annuity Insurance
- Insurance Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Actuarial Science View 6 other Masters in Business Administration in Lebanon
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lebanese American University (LAU) and/or in Lebanon, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree in economics, in any related field (such as finance with a minor in economics), or in a quantitative field (i.e. mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering) are eligible to apply.
- One recent passport-size photo.
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- Certified copies of educational or professional certificates or diplomas.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended
- Equivalency of your bachelor’s degree from the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education (depending on the university/college you attended).
- Recommendations from two professors who are familiar with your academic performance.
- The W-9S form (available on www.irs.gov) if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder, with proof of your social security number.
International16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.