Industry partners bring real-world projects to the classroom and advise students on networking and the dynamic nature of the profession. Graduates leave with a portfolio of compelling UX design experience ready to support their professional aspirations.
The MPS is an online, cohort-based program where all coursework is directly related to the topic area. Completed in just 15 months, the program allows students to earn their degree while working full time. Students in the M.P.S. in UX Design program from Maryland Institute College of Art explore both the design and technical sides of user-experience, while mastering the analytical, problem-solving, and design thinking skills required in today’s tech-focused marketplace.
What is a Master of Professional Studies (MPS) degree?
- Focuses on an applied field of study
- Develops practical skills
- Perfect for current and aspiring professionals
- Delivered online over just 15 months
- Residency fosters interdisciplinary collaboration
- Students maintain a work-life balance
Who Should Apply
This program appeals to students who have a background in design (web, game, graphic/visual, interaction, industrial) and an interest in human-computer interaction. Additionally, students with a background in the arts will learn how to apply their creative skills to a technical field with a growing number of job opportunities.
Applicants may be recent graduates as well as professionals seeking to enter the UX/UI industry. Ideal candidates have a background in a visual art/design discipline, a strong interest in blending creative abilities with critical analysis, and a willingness to commit to a practical learning experience.
- Utility And Usability: Human-centered Design
- UX Tools: Exploration And Analysis
- Industry Immersive
- Design Lab: The Industry Challenge
- UX Product Management
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGraphic Design User Experience Design Management of Creative Industries View 14 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Admission Application Form: completed and submitted online
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- A written statement describing your personal and/or professional interest in graduate study in MICA's UX (Online M.P.S.) program. (500 to 700 words)
- Proof of Degree or Equivalent
- Candidates may submit up to 10 portfolio images that provide relevant insight into their candidacy for the UX (Online M.P.S.) program.
- $75 Application Fee
- International candidates whose primary language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English.
International18750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9375 USD per semester during 15 months.
National18750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9375 USD per semester during 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.