Allied areas are also examined, which allows graduates to apply their skills in many other media-related fields, including film and animation.
Such a strategic approach to your higher-level study engenders responsibility, critical thinking, problem-solving, and the highly creative generation of musical and visual tangibles.
Engineering and production professionals work as music producers, sound engineers, writers and arrangers, sound designers and mixers/remixers in surround.
Career opportunities will vary according to an individual’s capabilities and passion, but it is expected that graduates of USW’s MSc Music Engineering and Production should play a full role in shaping the future of music and sound in the UK and further afield.
- Sound and Music Technology courses at the University of South Wales are accredited by JAMES, Joint Audio Media Education Support.
- The Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries is also an Accredited Apple Training Centre for Education for Apple Logic Pro.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Post Production
- Professional Music Production
- Immersive Audio
- Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Music General Engineering & Technology View 158 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Typically we require a 2:1 Honours Degree in an appropriate area. However, if you have solid professional industry experience rather than academic achievement, this may be acceptable for entry to study at this level through a process called Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- All applications are considered on an individual basis.
- Please provide evidence of a website or any other form of digital portfolio as part of your application. This should be the first section of your personal statement or uploaded in section 12 of the application form.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time UK: £1000 per 20 credits
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.