The 1-year full-time Master of Epidemiology at University of Malaya with a minimum of 42 credits will be offered in two concentrations to suit the needs of different disciplines, encompassing Clinical Epidemiology and Public Health Epidemiology. It has been designed for applicants with a background in epidemiology, quantitative research or health.
Our Master of Epidemiology will provide a solid foundation in epidemiological, analytical, and critical appraisal skills for those who aim to develop their understanding of the epidemiological and biostatistical theories and methods that underpin clinical medical research, public health practice, and health care evaluation to investigate the causes of disease, and to evaluate interventions to prevent or control diseases.
Graduates are expected to:
- Understand the epidemiological and biostatistical theory and methods that underpin epidemiological practice and research with a solid foundation in epidemiology.
- Build competence in epidemiological, analytical, and critical appraisal, and develop core skills for research and practice in epidemiology.
- Understand and investigate the causes and spread of disease and develop the means for prevention or control.
- Research Method
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Principles of Management in Health
- Statistical Methods for Health Data Analytics
- Clinical Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Informatics Epidemiology View 88 other Masters in Public Health in Malaysia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Malaya and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Bachelor of Dental Surgery or an equivalent medical qualification; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Allied Health or its equivalent with a CGPA of at least 3.00; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Allied Health or its equivalent with a CGPA of 2.70 up to 2.99; and if at least one (1) of the following criteria is fulfilled;
- A graduate from the University of Malaya; or
- Having at least one (1) year of working experience in relates field; or
- Having publications in related field; or
- Is a recipient of a scholarship; or
- Is a government servant; or
- Passed the interview by the faculty; or
- Passed the entrance assessment by the faculty
International13717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13717 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National9182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9182 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Local: RM 41,300
- International: RM 61,700
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.