Students contribute to knowledge relating to professional and organisational contexts through problem probing and solving, and critical reflection in a range of contexts. The purpose is to develop a student’s capacity to: create strategies to address organisational challenges through integrated application of theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge, systemic principles, and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; develop targeted personal competence in a chosen research topic; incorporate in the research process appropriate research methodologies and academic writing techniques; critically reflect on research outcomes and results within an ethical framework; construct business and leadership strategies that incorporates the principles of technology management, innovation management, people management, and systems management; develop innovative strategies to address socio-economic transformation challenges. The Master of Business Leadership from The Da Vinci Business School recognises those who have the acquired competence in the field of research to serve in transformational management positions in organisations or self-owned businesses. To initiate socioeconomic change interventions and sustainable business development initiatives. The qualification aims to instil a thorough understanding of the application of the key elements of systems thinking, business development, technology management, and innovation, as well as people development, whilst focusing on sustainability and the increase of local and international competitiveness.
When you exit the qualification you should be equipped to:
- Critically review and apply relevant Business Leadership models and/or frameworks in the strategic management of Technology and Information, Operations,
- Finances, Innovation, and Organisational Behaviour within various contemporary working environments.
- Search, collate and evaluate contextual information pertinent to business leadership decision-making processes when applied to strategic planning and organisational development.
- Critically review systemic thinking as a conceptual framework that recognises the world of work as a network of interrelated systems in which problem-solving does not exist in isolation but is dependent on applying a broad contextual understanding of local and international business realities.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research that meets the level descriptors of a Master of Business Leadership Degree at NQF level 9.
- Business Leadership for the Management of People
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Economics for Business Leaders
- Financial Management for Business Leaders
- Strategic Systems Thinking
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Leadership View 13 other Masters in Business Administration in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A 4-year Bachelor Degree in Business Management, or related field, at NQF Level 8 with 3 years related work experience or
- A Bachelor of Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management or related field, at NQF Level 8, with 3 years related work experience
- A research idea approved by the Research Office
- A clear copy of your ID or Passport (certified)
- A clear copy of your Matric Certificate (certified)
- Copies of all statements of results and/or qualifications(certified). Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an official letter from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee of R350. The application fee will be valid for a period of 12 months from payment date.
- Two referee reports for prospective Doctoral and Master’s candidates.
International4375 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4375 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4375 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4375 EUR per year during 24 months.
Year 1 – R 75,500.00
Year 2 – R 87,500.00
There is an option to pay quarterly, half yearly or in full
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.