Are you compelled by the ways in which sustainability issues are changing our understanding of the concept of finance? Do you want to know more about the interdependence between finance and sustainability? Then the specialisation in Sustainable Finance could be right for you. As part of the master's programme in International Business, the specialisation combines finance with the principles of sustainability: environment, society and governance.
Following the 2008 financial crisis and on-going criticism of banks and corporations, there is great demand for finance professionals who can implement sustainability principles in a company while maintaining profitability. Bridging the gap between traditional capitalism and a new context of shared economic and social value, sustainable finance is quickly becoming a core part of the mission of financial institutions and companies. Learn more with this programme in Sustainable Finance from Maastricht University.
- Institutional Investors
- Writing a Master’s Thesis Proposal
- Sustainable Finance, Management, and Strategy
- Real Estate Finance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recent passport picture*
- The passport picture must satisfy certain requirements.
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card*
- Make a copy of the page with your personal details. Save this copy as ‘passport copy’ and not as ‘passport picture’.
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified bachelor’s or master’s diploma if you have obtained it
- If you have not graduated yet, you can upload your official grades transcript from your bachelor's or master’s programme.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Please list your education, relevant extracurricular activities and internship/professional experience.
- A motivation letter
- Please provide good arguments about why you want to do this master's programme at Maastricht University and why you believe that you can successfully complete the programme. The motivation letter should be between 800 – 1,200 words.
- English writing sample
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.