The two-year, part-time Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) programme of SHE has a great reputation and has achieved an excellent position in global rankings together with its collaborating SHE Master’s programmes run in Canada, New York and Singapore.
Innovation is part of SHE’s DNA. We have revisited the MHPE curriculum in order to make the programme even stronger, more up-to-date and in keeping with current challenges in the field of HPE. Quality and innovation is what drives us, and our goal is to educate leaders in Health Professions Education that can really make a difference. We train our students to take on leading educational roles: by contributing to research, designing innovative education or by managing complex educational tasks.
For this reason, we have developed a new curriculum for you. We have listened to different key stakeholders (health professions educationalists, MHPE alumni and our partners in the field of HPE). We have researched their needs: what competencies do they require, now and in the future? Career perspectives in this field of practice demand knowledge, not only of the diversity of educational roles but also of the latest research in this domain. We have also looked at new insights and theories in the educational domain, so that we can ‘Practise what we preach’ and let you experience what we believe in. Learn more with this programme in Health Professions Education from Maastricht University.
Programme StructureElective learning tasks focus on three roles:
- Educational designers;
- Educational leaders; and
- Researchers in health profession education.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maastricht University and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A recent passport picture*
- The passport picture must satisfy certain requirements.
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card*
- Make a copy of the page with your personal details. Save this copy as ‘passport copy’ and not as ‘passport picture’.
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified bachelor’s or master’s diploma if you have obtained it
- If you have not graduated yet, you can upload your official grades transcript from your bachelor's or master’s programme.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Please list your education, relevant extracurricular activities and internship/professional experience.
- A motivation letter
- Please provide good arguments about why you want to do this master's programme at Maastricht University and why you believe that you can successfully complete the programme. The motivation letter should be between 800 – 1,200 words.
- English writing sample
International16700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA16700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.