This two-year Health Systems Management - Executive Track commitment stretches over six semesters and includes one onsite visit per semester. The courses feature online instruction and a modified block schedule that has students complete one course at a time before moving on to the next course.
The Rush University teacher-practitioner model allows students to learn from executives, administrators and experts who actively work in their field.
Health Systems Management Technical Standards
Rush University is committed to diversity and attracting and educating students who will make the population of health care professionals representative of the national population.
Our core values-ICARE (innovation, collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence)-translate into our work with all students, including those with disabilities. Rush actively collaborates with students to develop innovative ways to ensure accessibility and creates a respectful, accountable culture through our confidential and specialized disability support. Rush is committed to excellence in accessibility; we encourage students with disabilities to disclose and seek accommodations.
The following technical functions are required of all students enrolled in the Health Systems Management program:
- Acquire information from demonstrations and experiences in courses such as lecture, group and physical demonstrations
- Acquire information from written documents and computer systems (e.g., literature searches and data retrieval)
- Identify information presented in accessible images from paper, slides, videos with audio description and transparencies
Use and Interpret
- Use and interpret information from assessment techniques/maneuvers/procedures.
- Use and interpret information generated from diagnostic tools.
- Possess psychomotor skills necessary to perform or assist with day-to-day responsibilities commensurate with the student’s discipline
- Practice in a safe manner and perform universal precautions against contamination
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with patients and families
- Communicate effectively with faculty, preceptors, employees, other professionals and all members of the health care team during practicum, internship and/or other learning experiences
- Measure, calculate, reason, analyze and synthesize data related to the diagnosis and treatment of patients and populations
- Exercise proper judgment and complete responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner according to the health systems management role.
- Synthesize information, problem-solve and think critically to judge the most appropriate theory, assessment, management or treatment strategy
- Maintain mature, sensitive, effective relationships with clients/patients, families, students, faculty, staff, preceptors and other professionals under all circumstances
- Exercise skills of diplomacy to advocate for patients in need
- Possess emotional stability to function under stress and adapt to rapidly changing environments inherent to the classroom and practice settings
- Demonstrate concern for others
- Integrity, accountability, interest and motivation are necessary personal qualities
- Demonstrate intent and desire to follow the Rush University and Health Systems Management Code of Ethics
- Health Care Organization Patient Experience of Care
- Patient Experience Seminar
- Health Care Accounting
- Finance Fundamentals
- Health Care Economics and Payment Systems
- Statistics for Health Care Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2392 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rush University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be considered for admissions into the Health Systems Management Executive Track program, you must have the following qualifications prior to enrolling in the program:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Statistics course completed
- Accounting course completed
- Official transcripts from every U.S. college or university attended. For coursework completed outside the United States, submit an international course evaluation
- Name and email address of three references. HAMPCAS will contact each reference with instructions on how to complete an online evaluation
- Personal statement
Five years of relevant health care career experience
International32084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1234 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1234 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Health Systems Management - Executive Track.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.