Upon completion of the Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship program from Rush University, the student earns an MS degree with a major in clinical nutrition, completes an accredited dietetic internship and is eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Master of Science Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship: Graduation Requirements
Once admitted to the Integrated MS in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship program, students will need to successfully complete the required 48 credit hours for graduation.
This includes a minimum of 1,000 hours of supervised practice experience. In order to be eligible to take the registration exam for dietitians administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, students must fulfill all requirements of the MS in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship to receive a verification statement. Students must complete all MS in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship program requirements within 31.5 months from the time they began the program.
Students must meet the following in order to graduate and have the degree conferred:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Successfully complete all didactic coursework
- Successfully complete all required supervised practice hours
- Successfully complete all requirements of the master’s research project
- Pass the Rush University Interprofessional course
- Complete a minimum of 16 contact hours of approved professional or community service
- Research Methods in Health Sciences
- Food Systems Management
- Practice in Food Systems Management
- Research Methods Application and Special Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Nutrition Care
- Practice in Fundamentals of Nutrition Care
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application deadline: Typically two months prior to the beginning of the term
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 437 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rush University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All who apply to the integrated MS in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetic Internship program must have a baccalaureate degree and a verification statement from an ACEND accredited didactic program in dietetics (DPD).
- International applicants: Graduates who obtained their education outside the United States and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated as equivalent to the baccalaureate or master’s degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. These applicants also must submit results of TOEFL examination (see College of Health Sciences TOEFL requirements).
International27318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 21 months.
National27318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.