The Public Health and Social Work program at New Mexico State University complement each other. Public Health focuses on populations of people and is highly analytical and Social work focuses on individuals, groups, and communities within the social environment. Additionally, both programs emphasize cross-cultural content in classes and have an emphasis on social justice.
Many students find this combined degree appealing, particularly if they are interested in community development and outreach. Students from other countries and students who have served in the peace cops find that this degree furthers their interest and career in international service.
Separately, the MSW and MPH degree require a total of 108 credit hours (48 for the MPH +60 for the MSW). However the dual MSW/MPH program can be completed with a total of only 96 credit hours.The MSW/MPH Dual Degree Course of Study lists the required courses. Please refer to the current Graduate Catalog for all requirements for both degrees and be sure to maintain close communication with your designated faculty adviser from each program.
- Sociocultural Concepts and Populations of the Southwest
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Community and Psychosocial Aspects of Public Health
- Biostatistic Applications in Public Health
- Public Health Services
- Social Problems and Social Welfare Policy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Epidemiology View 106 other Masters in Epidemiology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Official transcripts for each university attended (uploaded to the online admissions system).
- Three references with at least one from a former faculty; the others from employers and/or colleagues.
- A personal statement covering academic background and career goals.
- TOEFL or IELTS score must be submitted and a minimum score must be met before an admission decision can be rendered.
International19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 36 months.
National19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State6189 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6189 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Las Cruces
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.