This course provides you with systematic knowledge and intellectual tools to critically review developments in the theory and practice of international relations. It will enable you to evaluate in a sophisticated and critical fashion concepts, theories and paradigms within the broad field of international relations, drawing lessons from empirical studies involving both quantitative and qualitative investigations. Learn more with this programme in International Relations (European) from Durham University.
- Core Concepts in Political Science
- Designing Political Inquiry
- Global Governance
- Global Political Theory
- The Politics of East Asia
- International Politics of the Middle East
- Ideologies and Political Thought
- Contemporary Political Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 360 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Durham University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UK 2.1 Bachelor degree, or equivalent.
- A degree in the field of Social Sciences is preferable, however, in assessing the application we also take into account other facilitating factors such as relevant such as relevant experience in lieu of this requirement.
- Two satisfactory academic references. In cases of applicants who have significant relevant experience, one work-related reference and one academic reference would be considered appropriate.
English language requirements
International23600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.