In the Data Communication and Software Engineering programme from Makerere University you study the analytical techniques that can be used to describe the properties of signals carried by such systems and you will learn the latest techniques by which digital systems can be applied to filter, compress and otherwise process these signals.
You be taught by experienced research and teaching staff with expertise in the specialist fields and you will be learning about the latest theories, techniques and technologies. In the first two semesters of the programme you take modules exploring a variety of current research topics in electronics and related areas.
At the end of the programme you complete a project which enables you to demonstrate your understanding of the principles and concepts that you have learned and your ability to apply them to a substantial piece of development or investigative work.
- Advanced Internetworking Protocols
- System And Network Security
- Graph Theory
- Formal Methods In Software Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 6 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Uganda
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International3952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3952 USD per year during 24 months.
National1569 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1569 USD per year during 24 months.
- 6,000,000 Ugandan shillings for national students
- 15,112,600 Ugandan shillings for international students
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.