Chemistry from Makerere University aims to provide advanced knowledge in chemistry and applied chemistry to first degree holders and develop researchers in chemistry and applied chemistry and nurture a quality assurance-conscious group of scientists in order to safeguard users of chemicals. In the process of fulfilling these objectives.
Students at Chemistry from Makerere University will:
- develop critical and analytical attitudes and skills towards problem finding and solving.
- have broader views on environmental problems and develop research oriented attitudes to environmental conservation.
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Applied Chemistry
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A candidate should posses a good first degree u=in chemistry or chemistry combined with another subject.
International2081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2081 USD per year during 24 months.
National1300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per year during 24 months.
- 5,000,000 Ugandan shillings for national students
- 8,000,000 Ugandan shillings for international students
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.