The programme's role
Furthermore, to improve patient care, the world Health Organization is emphasizing development of Point-of-Care (POC) tests that would rapidly diagnose diseases at the initial contact at a health care facility, thus limiting transmission, which would be studied in the Immunology and Clinical Microbiology programme at Makerere University.
Areas of study:
- So far, most of the POC tests for infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS and syphilis have an immunological basis, and their interpretation requires a sound understanding of Immunology/microbiology.
- This can be achieved through advanced training in immunology and clinical microbiology, which the proposed program aims to do. For resource limited countries, the need for graduate training in immunology cannot be overemphasized.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Microbiology Health Administration View 5 other Masters in Health Administration in Uganda
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International2660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2660 USD per year during 24 months.
National1300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per year during 24 months.
- 5,000,000 Ugandan shillings for national students
- 10,100,000 Ugandan shillings for international students
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.