This Microbiology programme from Makerere University has been develop to provide postgraduate training in medical microbiology and is intended for students graduating from life science and related disciplines who wish to extend their knowledge of microbiology.
Our graduates are ready to pursue a career in the medical sciences.
- Medical microbiology
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Health Sciences View 4 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Uganda
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good first degree in medicine or its equivalent and applicants must have completed the two year probation period and must have a good record and working experience preferably from an upcountry hospital.
International2081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2081 USD per year during 36 months.
National1300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per year during 36 months.
- 5.000.000 Ugandan shillings for national students
- 8.000.000 Ugandan shillings for international students
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.