Makerere University is running a five year undergraduate Bachelor of Dental Surgery programme and a 3 year postgraduate Master of Dentistry (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) programme. It has an intake of 18 undergraduate students and 3 postgraduate students per year. Students come from both within Uganda and neighboring countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia and Tanzania.
VisionA leading institution for academic excellence and innovation in Dental sciences in Africa
MissionThe College of Health Sciences exists to improve the health of the people of Uganda through innovative and responsive teaching, research and provision of services.
- Advanced Anatomy Of The Head, Neck, And Central Nervous System
- Dental Microbiology
- Advanced Renal, Blood, Cardio-respiratory And Gastro-intestinal Physiology
- Advanced Neuro And Endocrine Physiology
- Anaesthesia And Intensive Care Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International2660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2660 USD per year during 36 months.
National1300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per year during 36 months.
- 5.000.000 Ugandan shillings for national students
- 10,100,000 Ugandan shillings for international students
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.