Master of Social Work at Kingston University provides transformative learning experiences in a supportive, inclusive environment. It is underpinned by a psycho-social and life-course approach, encouraging critical thinking and anti-discriminatory practice in response to the needs of people and communities.
We have a state of the art innovative skills lab to help you to learn and develop practice skills, preparing you for field learning in your two practice placements.
On completing the course you will be eligible to apply to the Social Work England to register as a social worker. Employment opportunities are available in:
- Children's services and family support
- Community care and adult services
- Adult/youth criminal justice services
- Community, day, residential and health settings
- Mental health, disability, learning disabilities, older adults, addictions, and forensic services
- Portable social work qualification that you can use to work overseas.
- Post-qualifying programmes available
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Readiness for Direct Practice
- Assessment and Intervention
- Human Development and the Social Environment
- Applied Social Work Practice
- Legal, Ethical and Policy Frameworks for Social Work Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesSocial Work Clinical Psychology View 245 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree at 2:1 or above, normally in a social science subject.
- Demonstrable experience in the social care sector, obtained through paid employment or as a volunteer or user/carer experience; and have other work/life experience related to the sector or likely to be of value to the sector.
- All applicants must confirm prior to interview that they have the ability to use basic IT facilities, including word processing, internet browsing and use of email.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK students part time tuition fees: £4,250
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.