Studying the Master of Social Work at Kingston University will give you the opportunity to analyse social work in depth and develop your skills in our purpose built skills lab by critically examining the research evidence that forms best practice.
Service users and carers play a key role in social work education, they contribute to teaching, readiness for direct practice, interview students, take part in student role playing to ensure you have the most authentic experience before entering practice. Innovative teaching and learning, combining interactive workshops, peer learning, skills simulations, experiential learning and digital technology.
As part of the joint faculty of Kingston and St George's, there are opportunities to take part in interdisciplinary activities with other health and education professionals. If you are a graduate looking to gain a professional qualification in social work and to become eligible to apply for entry onto the register of qualified social workers, this two-year course is ideal.
Where this course will take you
On completing the course you will be eligible to apply to the Social Work England to register as a social worker. Employment opportunities are available in:
- Children's services and family support
- Community care and adult services
- Adult/youth criminal justice services
- Community, day, residential and health settings
- Mental health, disability, learning disabilities, older adults, addictions, and forensic services
- Portable social work qualification that you can use to work overseas.
- Post-qualifying programmes available
More informationVisit official programme website
- Readiness for Direct Practice
- Assessment and Intervention
- Human Development and the Social Environment
- Applied Social Work Practice
- Legal, Ethical and Policy Frameworks for Social Work Practice
- Specialist Practice Interest
- Independent Study: A Capstone Project
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesSocial Work Clinical Psychology View 60 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- A degree at 2:1 or above, normally in a social science subject.
- Key Skills Level 2 or equivalent (eg GCSE A–C) in English and Mathematics or equivalently validated access course credits.
- All applicants must confirm prior to interview that they have the ability to use basic IT facilities, including word processing, internet browsing and use of email.
- Demonstrable experience in the social care sector, obtained through paid employment or as a volunteer or user/carer experience; and have other work/life experience related to the sector or likely to be of value to the sector.
International14650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14650 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7010 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7010 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- £3,520 (Part time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.