In addition to traditional instruction in biostatistics, epidemiology and study design, this Clinical Investigation program at Tulane University will provide students with a strong foundation in ethics and professionalism, while developing skills in critical thinking, communication of scientific findings, leadership, and management of research studies.
- Problem formulation: Define focused research questions and testable hypotheses
- Methodology: Compare and select study designs for addressing clinical or translational research questions; identify a target population with consideration of socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural diversity; identify measures to be utilized while addressing reliability and validity, data quality, and cultural diversity
- Data management and security: Manage data using computer technology; define strategies to ensure data security and protection of privacy are maintained
- Data analysis and interpretation: Generate statistics that fit the study design chosen and answer research questions; identify risk/preventive factors that may contribute to outcomes and incorporate them into a research study; interpret computer output containing results of statistical procedures and graphics
- Scientific communication: Compile statistical output into tables and figures suitable for publication; prepare and communicate research findings to different groups of individuals through oral presentations and research papers; critically appraise the existing literature
- Ethics and professionalism: Describe the fundamental principles of the protection of human subjects and voluntary informed consent; describe the authority for and professional standards for the responsible conduct of research; explain the concept of good clinical practice; explain conflict of interest management in research
- Teamwork and leadership: Demonstrate group decision-making techniques; manage conflict; lead and manage team-based and individual projects; foster innovation and creativity
- Foundations in Public Health
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Observational Epidemiology
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 2172 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tulane University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcripts sent directly to SOPHAS from all institutions attended
- A personal statement that clearly and directly address the following:
- Why are you applying to Tulane SPHTM, and the specific program/option/concentration you chose?
- How will earning this degree help you achieve your professional goals?
- What have you learned from successes and/or challenges in your past educational, professional, and/or personal experiences? Please use specific examples, as applicable.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
International55332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 12 months.
National55332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.