The Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages programme at Queen's University Belfast enables participants to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to devise and teach effective English language courses, in addition to equipping students with the essential research and analytical skills to keep up with the rapid developments in the field of TESOL and Applied Linguistics.
One of the key features of the MSc TESOL is the emphasis on learning through interaction; much of the course is organised around class-based data.
Graduates have found their degree very beneficial in gaining employment in a range of teaching institutions worldwide, international agencies and examination bodies, and to gain promotion in their current workplace. Others progress to further doctoral-level studies and research.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes help our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods: Children, Young People and Education
- Language Awareness for TESOL
- Language Learning for TESOL
- Materials Development for TESOL
- TESOL: Principles and Practices
- Issues in Language Assessment for TESOL
- Digital Literacy and Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics Teaching English View 431 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University Belfast and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any subject discipline plus evidence of relevant teaching experience (minimum of 30 hours).
- Applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may also be considered if they have at least two years of professional experience in an education, training or relevant context plus evidence of relevant teaching experience (minimum of 30 hours).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £19100
- International - £19100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.