The Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages programme at Queen's University Belfast enables participants to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to devise and teach effective English language courses, in addition to equipping students with the essential research and analytical skills to keep up with the rapid developments in the field of TESOL and Applied Linguistics.
One of the key features of the MSc TESOL is the emphasis on learning through interaction; much of the course is organised around class-based data.
Graduates have found their degree very beneficial in gaining employment in a range of teaching institutions worldwide, international agencies and examination bodies, and to gain promotion in their current workplace. Others progress to further doctoral-level studies and research.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes help our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
More informationVisit official programme website
- An Introduction to Research Methods: Children, Young People and Education
- Language Awareness for TESOL
- Language Learning for TESOL
- Materials Development for TESOL
- TESOL: Principles and Practices
- Issues in Language Assessment for TESOL
- Digital Literacy and Communication
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Linguistics View 476 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any subject discipline plus evidence of relevant teaching experience (minimum of 30 hours).
- Applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may also be considered if they have at least two years of professional experience in an education, training or relevant context plus evidence of relevant teaching experience (minimum of 30 hours).
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.