The Autism Spectrum Disorders programme is hosted by the Centre for Behaviour Analysis at Queen's University Belfast . In line with the needs identified in the Northern Ireland Executive's Autism Strategy and associated Action Plans, the course has been attuned to raising awareness, addressing issues specifically related to children and adults on the autism spectrum, and increasing knowledge and skills in relation to evidence-based interventions.
The aim is to enable the study of the theory and practice underpinning the specialist area in order to enhance understanding and ability to engage in research- and evidence-based practice. On completion of the degree, students will have:
- developed a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the special needs of children, young people and adults diagnosed with autism
- shown evidence of critical reflection on their professional practice and be able to apply relevant research literature to both personal and professional experience
- acquired a range of specialised practical skills which will enhance their ability to support pupils and students in a variety of settings
- developed teamwork skills required to work in partnership, supporting and advising other colleagues.
Graduates from this degree have found it beneficial in their workplace when advising colleagues, influencing policy makers and supporting pupils and students with autism and their families, or seeking professional promotion or diversification. Others progress to doctoral-level studies and research or teaching.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes help our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods: Children, Young People and Education
- Fundamental Elements of Behaviour Change
- Understanding Adults with ASD
- Understanding Children with ASD
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Special Education View 97 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University Belfast and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any subject discipline.
- Applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may also be considered if they have at least two years of experience in an education, training or relevant context.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £19100
- International - £19100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.