Construction and Project Management at Queen's University Belfast has been designed to:
- Develop the intellectual, practical and professional skills of the learner in the critical acquisition, analysis, interpretation and understanding of the management of construction projects and organisations
- Apply appropriate theoretical and practical management methods in the analysis and solution of design, engineering and construction problems
- Develop a holistic approach to the planning, monitoring and control of construction projects by integrating the technical knowledge of design, engineering and construction with financial, legal, IT, commercial leadership and managerial skills of business administration in the management of simple to complex projects through their various stages from inception, feasibility, strategy, design, construction, commissioning and into maintenance; and in construction organisations; e.g. construction economics and finance, strategic management, information systems, construction law, international construction markets and competitive advantage
- Develop critical and analytical problem-solving skills across a broad range of subjects and transferable skills that relate to literacy, numeracy, computing, teamwork, group work, and personal presentations and interactions to prepare graduates for more general employment
There are excellent career opportunities for our graduates as project managers, contract managers, design managers, project architects, project engineers, planners, etc., within project management consultants, construction companies, property developers and government agencies, amongst others.Graduates are also well prepared for PhD research, which may lead to careers in research establishments and universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Procurement Contract Administration and Law
- Project Management, Planning and Control
- Research Methods for Managers
- Project Planning for Sustainability
- Construction Economics & Construction Finance
- Organisations, People & Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 297 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University Belfast and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above in a relevant Science, Engineering, Architecture, Management or Social Science discipline, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold a relevant professional qualification and can demonstrate appropriate experience, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £19100
- International - £19100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.