The Pathologists' Assistant program at University of Calgary is one of two NAACLS accredited programs offered in Canada; this allows our graduates to qualify for the ASCP and CCCPA examinations required to apply for jobs across North America. Through hands on experience in high paced medical laboratories students learn to perform tasks, such as the dissection of surgical specimens and autopsies, under the direct supervision of a Pathologist. Attention to detail, problem solving and collaborative skills are essential to successful completion of the course-based program.
Completing this program
- Course topics may include systems pathology, human anatomy, human pathology, human histology, surgical pathology practicum and more.
- Sex & Gender Module: Students are required to complete one of the CIHR sex and gender online training modules found at discoversexandgender.ca in the first year of their program.
OutcomesGraduates of this program go on to careers in healthcare, medical laboratories, laboratory management, pathology and forensic pathology.
- Topics in Medical Science
- Topics in Systems Physiology
- Human Anatomy: Concepts, Exploration and Teaching
- Human Pathology
- Human Histology
- Integrated Pathologists’ Assistant Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences Genetics View 248 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- A minimum of 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
- A BSc in Biological Sciences or equivalent.
- A current C.V.
- Two reference letters
International8638 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4319 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3502 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1751 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.