Electronic Engineering from University of Catania has the objective of forming highly specialized professionals in analog and digital electronics from integrated circuits (Application Specific ICs, Controllers, Field Programmable Gate Arrays) to Printed Circuit Boards, technologies that constitute the hardware foundation of any information processing system and ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in general. In a competitive and rapidly evolving global market, the Electronic Engineering MSc curriculum will provide the student very good design skills aimed at developing traditional systems using proven technologies and, at the same time, the challenging ability of facing new problems in emerging scenarios.
Students at Electronic Engineering from University of Catania will develop:
- thorough knowledge of the theoretical and scientific aspects of mathematics and other basic sciences and be able to use this knowledge to explain and describe complex engineering problems or those requiring an interdisciplinary approach;
- thorough knowledge of the theoretical and scientific aspects of engineering, both in general and in relation to those aspects specific of electrical engineering, in which graduates are able to identify, formulate and solve, in an innovative way, complex problems that require an interdisciplinary approach;
- abilities to conceive, plan, design and manage systems, complex and / or innovative processes and services;
- abilities to design and manage highly complex experiments;
- skills in business organization (corporate culture) and professional ethics;
- context knowledge and transversal skills;
- fluent written and oral skills, at least in one European language other than Italian, with reference to disciplinary lexicons.
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Circuit Theory
- Micro and Nano Sensors
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 72 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Catania and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate or registration certificate attesting the expected graduation date
- Letter of reference
- Curriculum vitae in English
- English language qualification
- Statement of purpose
International306 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Catania
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.