With an increase in Australians experiencing symptoms of mental illnesses across their lifetime, trained mental health nurses play a crucial role in our community. Develop your knowledge of mental health first aid and mental illnesses, psychological wellbeing and emotional health, and learn to apply the theories and nursing interventions in mental health directly to practice. The Master in Nursing (Mental Health) is offered by University of Southern Queensland.
Career outcomesMental Health nurses can find work in the community, schools, public and private mental health services, forensic settings, emergency care, and rehabilitation across metropolitan as well as rural areas.
- General Health
- Leadership and Management in Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Occupational Health and Safety View 203 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed a 3-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, in the area of nursing from a recognised university.
- Hold a current professional registration as a Division 1 Nurse, or equivalent, with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or relevant regulatory body in applicant's home country.
International15160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15160 AUD per year during 12 months.
National12280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 AUD per year during 12 months.
Commonwealth supported: AUD 1992
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.