About the program
- The Nursing (Gerontology) specialisation at University of Southern Queensland enables you to advance your practice in contemporary health settings, delivering evidence-based safe, ethical and professional care that meets regulatory standards.
- Gain leadership qualities and study the biological, psychological, and social aspects of ageing.
- A gerontology or geriatric nurse specialises in the care of elderly patients and is a crucial part of healthcare teams.
- Aged care nursing is in demand with international ageing populations.
- Graduates may work in acute, chronic, private practice, community or residential facilities caring for ageing patients with limited mobility, impaired mental abilities, or life-limiting illness.
- General Health
- Leadership and Management in Health
- Mental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Administration View 144 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed a 3-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, in the area of nursing from a recognised university.
- Hold a current professional registration as a Division 1 Nurse, or equivalent, with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or relevant regulatory body in applicant's home country.
International15160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15160 AUD per year during 12 months.
National12280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 AUD per year during 12 months.
Commonwealth supported: AUD 1992
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.