The curriculum was developed collaboratively by the Faculty of Science, Haskayne School of Business, and Cumming School of Medicine to ensure that students are provided with a multidisciplinary education in data science and analytics that leverages the expertise of leading researchers and instructors at the university.
Students in the Data Science and Analytics program at University of Calgary will learn the fundamental concepts and tools of data science and analytics, and refine their professional and leadership skills while developing and applying their technical knowledge and abilities. Students will be able to use concepts and tools across multiple contexts, industries, and sectors. Areas of specialization are available in either Data Science, Business Analytics, or Health Data Science and Biostatistics.
Completing this program
- Core Courses: Working with Data and Visualization, Statistical Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling with Data, Big Data Management.
- Four Courses in One Specialization Area: Data Science, Business Analytics, or Health Data Science & Biostatistics
- Integrated Topics in Data Science and Analytics Course
- A Professional or Research Internship
- Business Analytics
- Data Science
- Financial and Energy Markets
- Health Data Science and Biostatistics
Technology sector, business start-ups, computer science research, business analysis, human resources, healthcare, marketing.This degree will give students the ability to apply core concepts and tools of data thinking to their work in any industry. Data scientists analyze data from across a company, spot trends, and use business acumen to recommend problems to tackle and how to tackle them. These skills will be transferable to many sectors – business, retail, e-commerce, advertising, healthcare, etc.
- Working with Data and Visualization
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Statistical Modelling with Data
- Working with Data at Scale
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 35 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Calgary and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the last two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution.
- Successful completion of the following undergraduate courses, with at least a "B" grade or equivalent: one course in computer programming; one course in statistics or equivalent, and one course in either calculus or linear algebra or equivalent.
- Reference letters are optional
International8242 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8242 CAD per year during 12 months.
National3533 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3533 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.