The revised Civil Engineering program at University of Calgary gives students the flexibility of enhancing their skills in focused areas that help address the civil engineering challenges of today and tomorrow. This program is designed to be completed in two years of full-time study, although part-time options are available. Our MEng program requires the completion of 10 courses that have been specifically developed to align with one of three focus areas. Completion of a MEng graduate degree in civil engineering will give you an advantage in pursuing a career in various civil engineering sectors, such as engineering consultancy, project management and construction, sustainability and technology, government and policy makers, NGOs, resource industries and public utilities, railroads, manufacturing and more.
Upon successful completion of the MEng in Civil Engineering graduates will have a balance of the fundamental knowledge and practical skills required to work in civil engineering in Canada, and worldwide. Eighty-three per cent of Alberta’s civil engineers work in professional, scientific or technical services, public works or construction.
- Sustainability Concepts for Civil Engineering
- Quantitative Methods for Sustainable Design
- Uncertainty, Risk and Reliability
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
- Building Engineering
- Sustainable Materials for Civil Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Calgary and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
- A four year BEng or BSc degree in Science, Medicine, Kinesiology, or other Engineering from a recognized institution.
- One official copy of your final transcript (and degree certificate if degree is not clearly stated on transcript) in signed, sealed envelope from institution attended. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to the online application for initial evaluation purposes. Admission offers, however, are conditional upon receipt of official transcripts.
- Official transcripts can be mailed to us directly from the institution, or they can be mailed to you directly and you can send them to us yourself
- We will not accept unsealed official transcripts as official
International8242 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8242 CAD per year during 12 months.
National3533 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3533 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.