About the programme
It offers a practical and attainable means of developing a strong , forward-thinking design practice. You'll sharpen your design skills, gain exposure to design research methods, and learn to articulate the value of design-based innovation.
Carnegie Mellon University's program framework acknowledges the social and natural worlds as the greater context for all design problems. Through coursework and research, our graduate students learn a rigorous process for documenting, analyzing, and understanding the past and present - in order to propose more desirable systems and interactions for the future.
The Master Professional Studies is ideal for professionals who can't take much time away from practice yet want to reap the benefits of continuing their education. The MPS shares the same curriculum as the first year of the MDes program. This curricular structure enables you to dig deeply into design for interactions and gain exposure to design for service and social innovation.
- Seminar: Interaction & Service Design Concepts
- Studio + Lab: Designing for Interactions
- Communication Design Studio: Theory & Practice
- Studio: Research Based Design for Interactions
- Design Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art Education View 137 other Masters in Art Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree in design from an accredited institution, with a strong record of academic achievementHold a design background evident in your portfolio, including, for example, elements of visual design, typography, layout and composition, color, illustration, information design, filmmaking, photography, and experience with design process, iteration, critique and visual communication.
- Have at least one year (two preferred) of professional or teaching experience
- Personal Statement
International42000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42000 USD per year during 24 months.
National42000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.